lunes, 23 de agosto de 2010

MY FAMILY AND OTHER ANIMALS by Gerald Durrell

HERE'S SOME FUN FOR YOU!!!
There's a BBC movie production based on the book "My family and other animals" written by Gerald Durrell. Great story! Here's the trailer of the first 10 minutes. Sit back and enjoy it!!! Then, answer the questions below (but not as a blog comment).
Good luck with the listening! I hope you find it funny!

Answer the questions or provide the information required.

1- Where’s the family in the first scene?
2- What’s wrong with:
* Margo
* Leslie
* Gerald ?
3- Time of the year:
4- Where does Larry get the idea of moving to Corfu from?
5- Mother’s comments about moving to Corfu:
6- Comment on the customs scene.
7- What’s the dog’s name?
8- What’s the customs officer’s excuse for not giving mother her suitcase?
9- Why does Margo get upset at the table?
10- What explanation does Larry give for the taxi drivers behaving in such a crazy way?
11- How come the taxi driver, Spiro, speaks English? Characterize his driving. What’s his attitude once he gets to know the family?
12- Why do they move to another villa?
13- What do Larry and Leslie think of mother?
14- Why do they look at her feet?
15- How old is mother?
16- Find at least 5 phrasal verbs used by the characters.

Deadline:September 2
Do not post your answers. We'll discuss them in class!


2 comentarios:

  1. best book ever about Corfu! I can not tell how many times I have read it! Greetings from Greece. what kind of classes are you doing? I am sorry, i do not speak Spanish (?).Anne D.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Anna! It's great to have comments from Greece! I am a teacher at a Teacher's Training College in Rafaela, Argentina and this is a blog created for my third course Language students. It's ok if you don't speak Spanish. We are practising our English through the blog activities. We read two short stories that belong to the My Family and Other Animals (Conversations I and II) but we also watched the movie. Definitely GRRRRREAT! I've read the book though. In fact, I love Durrell's writings. My students enjoyed the stories too.
    It would be wonderful if you wrote again and told us about you.

    ResponderEliminar